Read and share news and buzz about Knol.
Please vote for this Knol.
– add links with news –
Marketing Pilgrim (Andy Beal) August 12, 2009
TechCrunch (Erick Schonfeld) August 11, 2009
GulfNews (Jumana Al Tamimi) August 7, 2009
– add short news –
Best Knol of the Month
– suggest and vote –
– post upcoming dates –
knol buzz + news
– write short news about knol –
30.09.2009 Knol Release
Boston Terrier release.
05.09.2009 Andreas Kemper
Is Knol getting more and more important for scientific communication?
02.09.2009 Knol Release
|Robert Enriquez from Charlotte, NC asks: “Does Google value its own links for PR/Linkjuice? Google Bookmarks, Google Profile, etc. Reason – Google links never appear in Webmaster Tools”
21.08.2009 PLoS Currents – Announcing an entirely new approach to the rapid communication of research results and ideas. The first PLoS Currents focuses on influenza research.
11.08.2009 (Jagadeesh M)
Knol SEO: The Knol is about improving your Knol writing to rank in first page by following SEO standards and factors that can help you to reach your knol content to all your readers who search for similar information.
Don’t give a chance for your readers to miss your Knol
How to Improve Knol writing using SEO to Rank in First Page?
06.08.2009: Knol Release
Introducing: Moderated Collections. A moderated collection is a special type of collection that allows the creators of the collection to have more control over the knols that appear in it.
Winner of the Best Knol of the Month July 2009
- Scientist and Science in Cartoons by Claes Johnson
- Goal of Knol: Knol Authors 100,000 – Knols 1 million – Top 100 Website by Narayana Rao K.V.S.S.
- Knol Tips-Templates by Gust MEES and Patrick Lahaye
29.07.2009 (Jagadeesh M)
Master Knol – Collections of Knols collection
A list of Top knols collections – The Knol of Knols.
An open collebration Knol that lists all top knols collections for Knol authors to help refer their specific and related industry Knol
July 23th 2009 Knol Is An Year Old Today;
22.07.2009 Knol Release
- Equations in Knol! You can now add mathematic equations to your knols by specifying the markup into our equation editor.
- We added a third verification type for the Name Verification service open to US residents. If you were unable to be verified using the other two methods, try out the Social Security Number based verification.
02.07.2009 Knol Release
- Moderating changes to your collections is now much easier with a clean separation between text and collection item changes.
01.07.2009 (Andreas Kemper)
New Licence in Wikipedia
In all Wikipedia-Projects begins now the conversion to the new licence cc-by-sa. After this conversion have Wikipedia-articles the same licence as the most Knol-articles. Question: is it possible to copy and paste Wikipedia-articles into Knol, to make money with adsense?
Winner Best Knol of the Month June 2009:
- The Global Brain, the Semantic Web, the Singularity and 360-2020 consciousness to create the Web of WE: socially-voic… by Twain(刘)
- Twitter and Tweet from the Trenches by Bernie Borges
- Knol Analytics Guide by Peter Baskerville
24.06.2009 (Jagadeesh M)
Opportunity for authors and visitors to share your ideas and suggestions for Ways to promote Knol Site and Knol Articles http://knol.google.com/k/jagadeesh-m/ways-to-promote-knol-site-and-knol/1m1scw95niudm/5# . This is a open-collaboration knol allows everybody to share ideas and suggestions to promote and improve knol site and knol articles through General thoughts, Soft Skills, SEM, SEO, SMO and other Internet Marketing areas
22.06.2009 (Andreas Kemper)
Googles News is experimenting with Wikipedia-Links. Some news have now links to Wikipedia-articles.
The Techtree News Staff beliefes, that “Google might add up Knol links to its News site”. I’m sceptic. Google is very careful. I think they will do it, if it is good for Google News. They don’t do it, if the link is only good for Knol. Maybe they’ll try it for the Arabian Google news, because Knol is there a relative strong ressource. What do you think? Let’s discuss in the comments.
10.06.2009 (Andreas Kemper)
You can use now the new Google Translator Toolkit.
You can use it for Wikipedia, but also for Knol! You find now in every Knol the text: “Knol translations Help translate this knol into your language”
More Activity Feed for your Knols. You can see the activity feed on the bottom of the right row. If you want to get the news about Knol, you can use this buttons.
- We added activity feed links for all knols, including this one!
- You can now translate any english language knol to any other language using the Google Translator Toolkit
Winner “Best Knol of the Month” May 2009:
04.05.2009 Andreas Kemper
Winner Best Knol of the Month
Best Knol of the Month of April 2009 was Computer Hardware Guide – A Knol Collection. Congratulations Alec Radford! But on the second place there are 4 (!) Knols with the same number of votings. So the Star-Ranking had to decide – but thats not very simple: What is better: 5 stars by 5 voters or 4 stars by 23 voters?
- You can now associate a Google Analytics account with knols that you own.
- Support the Transliteration control in the title, subtitle and summary areas of knols.
- Adding search for comments written to an author, on the author profile page.
- Various bug fixes – including better support for non-logged in users coming to knol from other Google products in order to use Name Verification.
- Knol in Arabic is hosting competitions in conjunction with the Universities of Assiut (search), Alexandria (search), Cairo (search), KAIAC-KSU (search) and KAIAC-KFUPM (search). We are receiving approaching 1000 new Arabic knols per day.
Knol strengthens its international appeal
Winners of the Knol for Dummies.com competition
Grand prize winner
By Tom Nolan
By Rita Hubbard
Google Profiles is a new service. Some bloggers suggest this will be the ultimative social network. Others thought, Google Profiles is the frame for use Twitter and to kill Facebook. To verify your identity you have to use the Knol-verification.
The authors of a Google Knol entitled Knol Site Metrics have exposed extensive copyright infringement and system abuse at the popular website. Randy K. (The Judge), executive director of the Knol Author Foundation has plagiated hundreds of articles and wrote revisions with socket-puppets for his Knols. He apologized and resigned from his position as director of the foundation and he deleted all his Knols.
There is a crisis now in the Author Knol Foundation.
At this day I was wondering why my pageviews are increasing. I had an idea and looked at the Google-Search-Site. Et voilá! The German Google-Search-Site has promoted Knol with a link. And the Australian, French, the Arabian and the Spanish Google-Search are also promoting Knol. Maybe there are some more Google-Search-Sites, I don’t know. My Side-Impressions are exploding at this day.
Here you see one of my Knols. As I started it, I had 200-300 page loads a day. Then it goes down. At the end of october 08 the German Knol-Site was launched, there was some feedback in German newspapers and my Knol has for some days 200-500 page loads. But only with one link from the google-search-site to Knol i had more than 2.200 page loads at one day. In this week I had 20.000 pageviews.
Nearly 100 new Knol-Authors from Germany and 780 new Knols in French are results of this one-day-campaign.
The Wisconsin Knol Author Meeting– contact Chrissy K. at http://firstname.lastname@example.org
- Comment moderation – authors can choose to require approval before comments may be posted to their knols.
- We added more language options for our Arabic and Indic-language authors.
- On the knol home page you can see the Most Discussed pages by This Week or by All Time.
- We moved the “import a file as a new knol” option into the Write a knol dialog, so it’s easier to find.
- We provide some simple options to embed knol content into other websites. See Embedding Knol Content.
- Authors now have the same edit permissions as Owners, except that Owners exclusively have control over deletion, adsense, license changes, and ownership changes.
- Authors can manage what interactions are possible, and what lists are shown on their knols. For example, authors can turn off comments, not allow unsolicited reviews, or hide the automatic table of contents.
- We now ask review scorecard questions questions on each knol page.
- Collaboration improvements: the edit button is more prominent, Moderated Collaboration is more reliable.
- We will be introducing an author statistics section on an author’s profile page. Just start date and last active, for now — but more coming later.
- GoogleKnol turned on category browsing for languages beyond just English.
- GoogleKnol added an Indic languages transliteration tool. If you access Knol from India, you can spell out words phonetically in Hindi or in several other Indic languages, and we will transliterate the text into the native character set.